The landscape of Reward & Recognition solutions
Basics & trends
For the moment, we have combined Reward and Recognition in one category, although they are clearly distinct.
- Especially in the attraction phase, compensation and benefits are important for candidates. Also important in this phase: flexible working hours and a good location.
- Once on board, elements like recognition, the developmental opportunities, the supervisor and the direct colleagues become more important.
- Salary information is becoming more transparent. Expect your candidates to enter the process with good knowledge of their market value.
- HR Tech will not replace human interaction. Good conversations between employees and their direct supervisors are very important for the level of engagement of employees. A personal compliment probably still works better, than a message on the compliment app.
Relevant info & links
- Amy Bergen: Seven of the best salary information websites for negotiation
- Eric Fraterman: Ten things people want most in their jobs
- Kim Harrison: Why employee recognition is so important – and what you can do about it
- Hillary Hoffower: The five best salary tools to know your worth
- Indeed Talent Attraction Survey: what matters to the modern candidate