The landscape of Goal setting/ tracking solutions
Basics & trends
Traditionally goal setting is a top-down process. From organisational goals to divisional to departmental to team to individual goals. In many organisational goal setting systems there is room to include personal development goals somewhere at the end of the process.
Today, many organisations make a clear distinction between goal deployment, and personal development. An increasing number of organisations use OKR (Objectives and Key Results). This process was created by Intel CEO Andy Grove.
Relevant info & links
- Leo Babauta: The best goal is no goal
- Kayla Hollatz: Goal Trackers – 14 tools to help you reach your goals
- Marina Martinez: 5 essential ingredients in organizational goal setting
- Henrik-Jan van der Pol: The basics of OKR
- re:Work: Guide – set goals with OKRs
- Reference for Business: Goals and goal setting
- Weekdone: OKR – Objectives and Key Results