The landscape of Feedback solutions
Basics & trends
- Most people want to become better. Receiving regular, high quality feedback from people you respect, is an important element of performance improvement.
- Specific actionable feedback is more useful than very general feedback (‘You did a good job!”).
- The traditional annual feedback cycle is too slow and too top-down. More regular, even continuous 360 degree feedback, combined with focus on personal development instead of assessing performance is the new approach.
Relevant info & links
- Josh Bersin: Feedback is the killer app: a new market and management model emerges
- Marcus Buckingham & Ashley Goodall: Reinventing performance management
- Daniel Ho: What I learned about performance management from working at Facebook
- Jami Oetting: 10 employee feedback tools to track your team’s engagement in 2017
- The HR & Employee Engagement Community
- HR Trend Institute: HR: don’t kill performance measurement!
- HR Trend Institute: Improving Performance Consulting
- Max Nisen: Why GE had to kill its annual performance reviews after more than three decades